A&P Mechanic / GPS Technician
Start-up company looking for A&P mechanic to install and repair high-end GPS Guidance Systems that are used in aerial application aircraft – e.g. crop dusting aircraft (Air Tractor, Thrush) and firefighting aircraft (single engine aircraft).
A&P (or A) to perform equipment installations in aerial application aircraft. Equipment includes DGPS Guidance Systems and machine control systems such as Flow Control Systems/Spray and Spreading Dispersal Systems.
Installations will be performed in US and internationally. Considerable travel is necessary – 50-65% of job time will be traveling.
Also, as GPS Technician, person is responsible for installation, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical, electrical, and electronic assemblies and systems. Work includes production, field service, returned materials, and engineering setups, installations, testing, certification, and repair.
Qualified candidates will possess strong troubleshooting (to component level) and problem solving skills, strong analog, video, mechanical, and digital skills, experience using DVM, Oscilloscope, hand tools and soldering skills.
Requires an A or A&P certification. Technical experience and/or military technical training is favorable. Candidates must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Equipment installations in aircraft. Fit equipment into cockpit panels. Route cables through an aircraft. Mount equipment (computers and controllers) into quick release mechanisms fitted to an aircraft. Mount antennas to aircraft canopy. Install meters and valves into existing aircraft spraying equipment.
- Assembles and Modifies sub-assemblies, final assemblies and systems per manufacturing drawings and instructions.
- Tests production product to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Troubleshoots electronics down to the component level to determine cause and remedy of any malfunction
- Performs required repairs to return unit to operational state
- Troubleshoots electrical and mechanical problems to determine route cause of issue and recommend a corrective action.
- Sets up and tests units to meet specified requirements.
- Recognizes failures and set up problems, isolates problems, and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems.
- Operates oscilloscopes, generators, meters, power supplies, service monitors and test fixtures, and understands their use and function.
- Operates hand tools and small power tools and understands their use and function.
- Inspects all work before passing on to the next operations.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules.
- Fills out production test reports.
- Provides support to the others on all production assignments, and works in other departments and/or miscellaneous assignments as instructed.
- May conduct detailed experimental testing.
- A or A&P Certification.
- Domestic and international travel will be required (Passport – we can assist in getting) – 50%+
- Must possess problem solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner.
- Professional, clear verbal and written communication.
- Must have experience using the following equipment: DVM, oscilloscopes, recorders, hand tools, such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers.
- Must be able to exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Generate failure analysis and problem report to management.
- Advanced training in electronic theory such as one would receive at a technical trade school, military training, an Associate degree program, or multiple years of on the job training.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- Experience in GPS & GIS is very helpful
- Mechanical fabrication abilities a plus
- PCB layout skills a plus
Open to negotiation.
Insero’s history is based on tech support and experience. It is a new company, established to have more interaction between company and customer. We have a major focus on bringing better training and knowledge to people, but understanding the customer’s needs is paramount.
If you believe in our vision we would like to hear from you.